Sunday, February 12, 2012

Red Velvet

Threw together this birthday cake for a friend and in the interest of time, I kept the techniques really simple. I used a cake mix and store bought frosting because I didn't have the time to make anything from scratch. 

Because I didn't want to spend hours on small details like normal, I picked a design wouldn't take me a lot of time to execute. I slapped on a layer of icing and used and icing comb to create the grooves. I then cover the bottom half with mini chocolate chips. Both of these techniques are very forgiving and allow a lot of imperfection in the way it is frosted. The frosting garnish is done by using a twisting motion with a drop flower tip. Like the cupcakes, this is a relativity easy cake to do if you have the right tools. 

1 comment:

Mom said...

You make it sound easy but I know it's not....You have to have creativity and know-how...which you have.