Saturday, May 19, 2012

Buttercream Ruffle



This was a two tiered chocolate cake filled with carmel filling and iced in a two tone white and pink buttercream. I separated the icing into to colors, 2/3 pure white and 1/3 a soft pink color. I added both colors of frosting in the piping bag to create the two toned effect. I used a 2D drop flower tip to create the ruffle design.

The flower faceted to the side is actually a tulip. I gently bend the pedal back so that the flower would fan out against the cake. I love that this exposed the beautiful colors on the inside of the pedal.

Lisa Ann was so surprised and excited about her pink ruffle cake, and I think it's fits her personality perfectly.

Happy Birthday Lisa Ann!

1 comment:

Mom said...

This cake is very unique and delicate. So clever of you to combine the two colors which gives it a "true" color look. Your cakes impress me!