Monday, January 23, 2012

The Big Apple


My good friend Crystal is leaving for her mission to New York, New York South on Wednesday and after taking my own trip to New York this week I had lots of inspiration. I thought she should "Start spreading the news" with a cake just for her before she set off for the Big Apple!


The cake was baked in two separate pieces to create the apple shape. I then frosted it with three different shades/layers of red and piped a stem, leaf, and New York City Skyline to finish it off. I also printed an area map of where she will be living in New York and cover the cake board with it so the giant apple could be the "You Are Here" symbols for her new city:)

1 comment:

Mom said...

Never seen anything like this. A perfect apple... make from cake! And a perfect play on words from the New York song and your friend who was going to "spread the news" as a missionary. How nice of you to do this for her.