Monday, March 26, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom!

My mom is a pretty special lady so I wanted to make her a pretty special cake to celebrate the day when one of the most wonderful women in the world was born.

Her birth flower is the daffodil so I knew I wanted to incorporate in into the design. As I thought more about it my thoughts turned to spring, and vibrant colors, and fresh berries! I frosted the cake with a ribbon ruffles in a spring purple and topped the cake with 4 fresh daffodils I bought from the market the day before, so they would have a chance to bloom.



The cake it self was DELICIOUS!!!! I used a yellow cake mix and added a thawed bag of frozen mixed berries. It was such a simple addition to the batter and is probably one of my new favorite cake recipes. We served it with two creamy scoops of raspberry chocolate ice cream. It was the perfect combination.

Happy Birthday Mom, I sure love you!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Awwww, Lauren! I just saw and read this post! Your comments and cake were so sweet! The cake was beautiful and delicious. Mmmm! I want some now! :)
Thank you for creating a special treat and memory for me. I'm thankful that we created you! :)

Mom said...

p.s. I love you, Lolo! ;-)

Lauren Tye said...

I love this cake and it was so deliecious. Beautiful job Lo!