Saturday, September 08, 2012

The Happiest Birthday day just got Happier!






Two out of town Guests were celebrating a 10th and 8th birthday at Disneyland so what better way to celebrate than with Mickey and Minnie Mouse birthday cakes. I think my favorite part of the cake and the process was seeing a picture of little Grace’s genuine excitement.

These were 6" chocolate cakes with vanilla frosting. Even the hat is chocolate cake! I just baked the batter in a cereal bowl added two round chocolate wafers for ears and poured melted frosting over top. When the frosting dried it created that seamless glossy look. And of course to finish it off Tyler and Grace’s names were “stitched” on the hats, just like they do at Disneyland. When the cakes were all done and ready to go I placed them on cake boards covered in authentic Disneyland park maps!

I hope all their dreams came true at the Happiest Place on Earth!

3 comments:

Dani said...

Looks great! I'm planning a Minnie Mouse birthday party for Allie and this is great inspiration.

Mom said...

That's what Disneyland is all about....to create happiness and leave a smile on their faces. You did that with two amazing Mickey/Minnie cakes! Pretty cute!

Kristina said...

Seriously, these are amazing. Even the cursive looks just like on the hats at Disneyland. I'm sure these kids died over these. So darling!!!